Hope you enjoy this tribute to your talents...
Castle Escape (ZX Spectrum Next)
A downloadable game
Same great game without the color clash. The ZX Spectrum Next is the NEXT evolutionary step for the ZX Spectrum. This version of Castle Escape runs exclusively on the ZX Spectrum Next, for the ZX Spectrum 48K-128K version, click here.
Wee Knight must escape the haunted castle collecting gold coins and dodging the castles deadly inhabitants as he goes. Due to the enormous weight of his armor, Wee Knight cannot jump very high unless he consumes the magenta eggs found within the castle. But beware, the anti-gravity effects of the eggs do not last long leaving Wee Knight at risk of missing out on the castles many treasures. Prolong life by collecting the hearts and don’t let Wee Knight fall too far or he'll be crushed by the weight of his own armor.
- Default Keys (can be redefined)
- O - Left
- P - Right
- M - Jump
- All coins are collectable!
- But you may need magenta eggs to reach them.
- Points are also scored for collecting eggs and hearts!
- Patience will help you sneak under the spiders.
- Jumping over them is possible, but difficult.
- Rats have a predictable behavior.
- You can jump over them without eggs but it requires cat like reflexes.
- The high-score table is auto-saved
- Game engine: All hand coded ;)
Castle Escape for the ZX Spectrum Next includes the following enhancements:
- No color attribute clash
- More colorful sprites and tiles
- More sprite animation frames
- It's just more, more, more...
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Castle Escape Bonus6 days ago
- Bug Fixes41 days ago
- High score table background image update46 days ago
- Release 4: Minor bug fixs66 days ago
- Happy Thanksgiving!67 days ago
- Demo Bug Fixes78 days ago
- New Demo Build Available84 days ago
- Demo Update87 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Bought it and loving it. Huge kudos on the stylistic choice of maintaining the primary Speccy palette in-game but bringing in smooth sprites and eliminating colour clash (in fact I'm probably in the minority but I'd probably have preferred that the sprites were also "retro" coloured, but I'm weird :D) Please more like this!!
Awesome game !! Please more games with nex extension.